Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> Changing some working simply because you are offended by it is just
> plain wrong. You are making a decision based solely on your own personal
> criteria, rather than that of sound technical advice.

I think a Debian developer has a perfectly legitimate right to do
this.  I'm certainly *not* saying he ought to in any particular case.

There is no rule *anywhere* in Debian that one has some kind of
obligation to give upstream authors an unlimited soapbox.  Indeed, if
an upstream author insisted on one, we would regard that as a
requirement thoroughly incompatible with the DFSG.

Thomas