Re: Debian joining OASIS?

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:47, Branden Robinson wrote:
> fact, but we've had smart and talented people who joined and then never
> did anything (or performed spectacular service and then faded completely
> away), as well.

Not that there's anything wrong with performing spectacular service and
fading away.  You could be a reasonably active developer for several years
and not match the amount of work some of these people have done.

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:17, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> The real issue why most people that works in docs have a harder time
> getting a d.org account is that it takes more time to convince the powers
> that be that they cannot do their job just as well without the account.
> That would change if debian gets the OASIS membership, I suppose.

It seems that the problem here is that you're not a full member unless you
have an account on the servers.  Maybe we should have an option to be a full
developer without such an account...

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:06, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:05:30PM +0000, Thom May wrote:
> > > Maintainers are members, right?
> >
> > Anyone with an @debian.org is a member, yes.
> > (and generally, everyone with an @debian.org is a developer)
>
> Is that an accepted definition by Oasis?

Presumably they will accept whatever definition we provide.