Re: [2002-03-10] Release Status Update

On Sun, 2002-03-10 at 21:38, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 10:06:24AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 05:08:59PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Today's list of packages getting dropped from woody is:
> > > 	xalan
> > Why is xalan included in this list. Sure, it doesn't work
> > properly for me, but there doesn't seem to be any release
> > critical bugs against it either...
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/src:xalan
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/133173

Fixed packages are in DELAYED/1-day.  Nick, you have 24 hours (give or
take) to upload your own fixes.

I have successfully used these packages to XSLT transform a DocBook
document into XSL-FO, so they've received some testing (although more
would be nice; I didn't test the libapache-mod-xslt stuff, for example).

Also fixed: the weird -instances=static thing that prevents hppa
building.  I couldn't find any documentation on that gcc argument for
2.95, even though it seems to be accepted; of course, gcc 3 doesn't like
it.

Changelog:

 xalan (1.2-2.2) unstable; urgency=high
 .
   * NMU; urgency=high because of grave bug.
   * Comment out broken assert in XalanDOMString.hpp.  Closes: #133173.
   * Removed weird gcc argument "-instances=static" from Makefile.in
     and Makefile, as it causes build failures on gcc 3.0 (hppa).
     Closes: #134125.