Re: [RFC] Debian skin for AIX

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 02:04:37PM -0600, Jor-el wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Are you sure about that? AIX's perl package won't be configured with the
> > same include path as Debian's, so our perl-based packages are unlikely
> > to work with it.
> >
> > I think it's safer to consider the Debian part of a system like this as
> > entirely independent.
>
> Colin,
>
> 	Well...no, I'm not sure about that. But so long as the right PERL
> modules are available in @INC, what does it matter where they are located?

As I said, AIX's @INC will be different to Debian's by default, so
packaged Perl modules may not be available in @INC. (Even if it happens
to work at the moment, it may not in the future.) Requiring all the Perl
scripts in Debian to specify @INC explicitly would be absurd, and
moreover wrong as that should be controlled by the perl package.