Re: Microsoft SPAM!!! Complain at magazines ;)

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 08:47, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 05:25:23PM -0500, Scott Henson wrote:
> > The end part was just an opinion.  The main point was the fact we cant
> > sue anyone because we havent been enforcing the policy.
>
> We don't have to enforce it with everybody.

However in some jurisdictions (which includes most of the USA I think) it is
possible to defend yourself against such actions by proving that other people
are not being sued for the same actions.

The solution to this of course is to start by sueing someone who is not in a
jurisdiction that allows such a defence.  Then when we have shown that we do
go after such people we can go after Americans.

But the real issue is the fact that no-one does anything, and I can't see
that changing any time soon.