Re: where to upload?

* Peter Makholm (peter@makholm.net) wrote:
> "Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@duckwing.ca> writes:
>
> > I'm adopting the asd4 and asd4-clients packages. I've built them, but
> > where am I supposed to upload them? I thought they would disappear from
> > the "orphanned" section of the wnpp by now.
>
> The normal procedure when adopting orphaned packages is:
>
>  - retitle the wnpp bug from "O: something" to "ITA: Something"
>  - produce new package which closes the wnpp bug
>  - Upload
>
> In this way the wnpp bug gets closed when you've actually have
> uploaded a new package. You should just do a ordinary package upload
> (or rather let you sponsor do it if you're not yet a maintainer)

That's my point. I'm not yet a maintainer. I've done the other 2 things
though. Someone pointed out I need to add a "closes" line in my
changelog so I'll do that and go through this process again.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                          duckwing@duckwing.ca
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.17)              http://www.duckwing.ca
                                            PGP key available on request

  Up the line - out the server- past the firewall - nothing but Net!!