Re: gdm

CC'd to the list because it's nothing confidential and something that needs
wider discussion.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:36, Westerman, Mark wrote:
> I am creating a rpm package for the gdm,
> Should the install script make changes to
> the policy files or inform the user of what
> changes should be made ?

This is a fundamental issue regarding SE Linux packaging.

In the current version we have a problem in that the rbac file entry as well
as the daemon.te file needs to be in place.  The next release will solve this
(which makes it easier to implement whichever policy we decide on).

The problem is that many people will not want to have critical things such as
flask configuration touched by an upgrade.

I am thinking of having the flask config files installed in a different
directory and then having a program that summarises the differences and
offers to copy changed files across.

This differs from the regular Debian config file manipulation in that:
Config files which the user has never modified will not be upgraded/changed
without the user's agreement.
New config files will not be automatically added.

What do you think?