Re: FYI: problems with spamassassin and procmail?

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:02:12AM -0800, Rupa Schomaker wrote:
> >> The damn problem is that exim (which is my MTA) returns an error to the
> >> sender for this kind of things.
> >
> > Isn't 70 supposed to be the code for temporary error? Or was that 75?
> >
> > /me can't be bothered to check the sources :)
>
> /usr/include/sysexists.h
                     ^ sans that
> 75 is temporary.  70 is EX_SOFTWARE.  Generic "catchall" error.  It is
> generally treated as non-temporary (bounce).

Ah, thanks. Anyway, maildrop uses EX_TEMPFAIL if a command run from the
xfilter directive errors out (and I run spamassassin with xfilter), and then
exim respools it for later. I never got any complaints about that...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.