Re: Preliminary SDL 1.2.3+cvs packages available

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net> wrote:

> My list of confirmed so far:
>
> i386:
>   quake2, vlc-sdl, tuxracer, smpeg-xmms, mirrormagic, zsnes, prboom,
>   pysol-sound-server, lbreakout2, armagetron, avifile-player, vectoroids,
>   heroes-sdl, gltron
>
>   Project Twilight and Neither, my OpenGL/SDL projects which are not in
>   Debian yet, also work before and after a recompile new SDL packages.
>
> powerpc:
>   egoboo, gtktiemu

Concerning PowerPC, based on the list of packages you posted earlier
(reverse-depends), I come up with the following :

* Packages that I couldn't test, because of non-SDL-related issues :

  ohphone
  pygame
  egoboo (not available for PPC, doesn't build accord to buildd.d.o)
  synaesthesia (BE sound handling, won't start on my machine)
  zsnes (no ppc binaries)
  noatun-plugins (requires KDE)
  gnuboy-sdl (relocation error: undefined symbol "pcm")
  xsabre (receives a SIGABRT on startup)
  toppler (relocation error, related to libmcop.so.0)
  jumpnbump (segfault on startup)
  heroes-sdl (segfault on startup, due to libmcop.so.0)
  ganso
  frozen-bubble-lib (deps wrt frozen-bubble)
  freesci (no game)
  coriander (no IEE1394 cam to test)
  avifile-* (not available on PPC)

* Otherwise, all packages work, some have issues with libmcop.so.0
which lead to a segfault (relocation error) when exiting : gltron,
gemdropx.

It seems OK for PowerPC.

JB.