Re: PostgreSQL: [Re: DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive support?]

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 12:56, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> If this really becomes a problem, I could abandon my current policy of
> attempting to do major upgrades automatically, and simply leave the
> database untouched but needing manual intervention before it can be
> started.  (Of course, this only applies when there has been a change in
> the database format that requires a dump and reload.)
>
> Perhaps other PostgreSQL users would like to comment on this?

what about a single debconf question "Do you want automatic updates?".
if the answer is yes, the install scripts use old interactive procedure,
else switch to fully automatic. default answer can be no to allow for
noninteractive installs.

--
signify error: can't use imaginary (1+0.191071i) weight!