Re: Package splitting and upgrades

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 10:38:23AM -0500, Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> was heard to say:
>  - Nice descriptive strings (i.e. "Ximian GNOME Repository" instead of
> "ximian")
>
>  - Automatic mirror handling.  The XML files were expected to contain
> mirror lists by country; RepoMan would ask for your country code, and
> pick the best mirror from each list.
>
>  - Cascading data files; you could get a master directory of
> repositories, then consult each repository for its mirrors.  On the TODO
> list was a feature where directories could refer to other directories,
> and where each repo could provide updated directory info for itself in
> case the directory got out of sync.

  Veering offtopic, I would accept this as a patch for aptitude.  Even
if you just have the backend issues worked out, I could handle some of
the UI stuff.

  Daniel

|              Will the last person to leave the Universe please              |
|              turn off the lights and close the door?                        |