Re: Outside of Debian (Re: Package splitting and upgrades)

On Sun, 2002-03-03 at 16:40, Otto Wyss wrote:
> Well for an outsider of Debian, it is almost impossible to get a chance.
> Most of the time your project isn't packed and even if it is nobody
> cares to download and use a "dpkg -i package". And with the current
> "sources.list" it's impractical to implement an appropriate URL.

This is not true at all; it took me about 15 minutes to figure out how
to make my own. The infrastructure required for an APT repository is
very little (almost nothing, especially if you eschew source packages).
--
 - Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>  -  http://www.sacredchao.net
  "What I did was justified because I had a policy of my own... It's