Re: If you care about debian's security read this

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:57:24 -0500
Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

> > I hope that the package does not add this line to the sudoers file for
> > you?
>
> No, it doesn't.
really, it doesn't...

> > Does its documentation ask you to put that line in including the
> > braindead NOPASSWORD part?
>
> Nope, it doesn't do that, either.
ok, the documentation doesn't ask to do that, but even with the PASSWD
part, can't you see, Branden, that for gnome-sudo to work that has
to be done?

so we install gnome-sudo, the documentation doesn't teach the user to
make it work and if the user finds that out by himself he is opening a
root hole.... are you sure that should be ignored?

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>