Re: LSB package for Debian: final(?) release candidate

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:58:51AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> > The either ship the dir in the package, or have something like
> >
> > [ -d /etc/opt ] || mkdir -p /etc/opt
>
> Just mkdir -p /etc/opt is fine.

install -d -m 755 /etc/opt might be a better suggestion if only because I
have seen more than one script accompanying a piece of software didn't
save/change umask properly before doing that kind of thing.  I'm not sure
if I've ever seen that in a Debian package script or not, but better safe
than sorry.  =p

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>     The guy with a rocket launcher

<knghtbrd> *sigh*  My todo list is like the fucking energizer bunny
<knghtbrd> It keeps growing and growing and growing and ...