Re: LSB package for Debian: final(?) release candidate

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:54:36PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Steve Langasek

> | Hmm, but one of our two primary recommended methods of handling
> | configuration files in native packages is by copying the files to /etc
> | in the postinst.  If /etc/opt is not guaranteed to be installed by
> | default, then any lsb packages would be unable to take advantage of this
> | approach.

> The either ship the dir in the package, or have something like

> [ -d /etc/opt ] || mkdir -p /etc/opt

> in the postinst

Is Debian any longer LSB-compliant if we require LSB packages to provide
this directory themselves?  If someone has gone to the trouble of
installing the lsb .deb on Debian, they should get a complete
LSB-compliant system; and any admin that gets irritated that /etc/opt
shows up again when they apt-get install lsb should learn to cope,
because that's part of what they're *asking* for by typing that command.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer