Re: gpm in standard or not [was: Re: interesting times installing 2.4.17 in Woody...]

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 02:50:22PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I haven't seen a single system where gpm caused any damage. Sure, sometimes
> the mouse type options were confusing when it came to my no-name mouses and
> I had to fiddle with it, but I can say the same for a lot of the other
> standard packages.

I have gpm running on a system with the repeater so I can use X
as well.  It would say that at least once a week, gpm dies and I
have no mouse in X.  I have to su and restart it.

I don't know if you would call that "causing damage", but it is
certainly inconvenient.

--
Don Bindner <dbindner@truman.edu>