Re: Package Browsing

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 07:29:01PM +0100, Erich Schubert wrote:
> I converted aptitude's new package browser into web pages.
> http://people.debian.org/~erich/packagebrowser/

very nice. These are the TROVE categories you wrote about earlier?

> What do you think? I think the author of aptitude has done a great job
> in categorizing the packages...

Yeah. But what about the unclassified ones? Most of my packages are not
classified yet, is there something I can do about this?

And is there some plan to use these categories in the package metadata
after woody? Looks like we can make a smooth transition as more and more
developers might include the categories in their control files and we
can get rid of aptitude's data eventually.

Speaking of aptitude: I know it did not make it into base as the default
packaging tool, but how about advocating its existence a bit? I have not
read the release notes yet, so please forgive me this was done already.

Mentioning it on ./ might also help getting over with one of the top
anti-debian-propaganda speach (dselect is lame)

just my 0.02 EUR,

Michael

--
"/me suddenly realizes he's effectively asking for lobbyists and commits
suicide :-P"