Re: Proposed Incoming takes away from users (Social Contract violation?)

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 11:59:24AM +0000, Lazarus Long wrote:
> I read in the past DWN:
>   "The main advantage of this change is that only the packages will be
>    publically visible through [3]incoming.debian.org, are those to be
>    installed by the next archive run."
>
> Advantage?  I think not.
>
> How is giving the users *less* access to not-yet-installed packages, etc,
> consistent with point 4 of the Social Contract?
> (http://www.debian.org/social_contract)

4) Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software

It is not in the best interests of either for debian to serve any
files to the general public that any random person decided to upload.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK