Re: ITA: tftpd-hpa

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 05:41:36PM +0100, Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote...

>  >I'm going to adopt tftpd-hpa in agreement with the current
>  >maintainer (see #130801). In case anybody objects or has
>  >any other form of input, please speak up now.
> Do we really need two TFTP daemons? Can one of them be killed?

At least in my case tftpd-hpa has several features the "normal" tftpd
lacks which are very useful, like PXE support (newer IA network boot
method) and file-name remapping using regexps. A standalone mode is
certainly a bonus. So I think it's existence is justified.

On the other hand, the tftp-hpa doesn't seem to have much benefit over
the "normal" tftp. It has readline-support but I can't activate that
because tftp is old-style BSD-licence (adv. clause) and can't be linked
with readline (GPL). Should I drop the client package or is it justified
as (major) code-alternative ?

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF