Re: Trying to rebuild all of Debian Packages

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 05:41:10PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> > How about make maintainers upload only the source package? Once uploaded, the
> > packages may be builded by auto-builders
>
> The buildd's don't build architecture-independent packages at the moment
> so that isn't possible for now.

How busy is the i386 autobuilder anyway? If it's not too busy, let it
compile architecture-independent packages. Similary, if a package has not
been uploaded in a year or so, have it automatically rebuilt to keep library
dependancies up-to-date.

> > and checked with lintian; then we accept only those packages that
> > successfully passed this process for all the specified architectures.
>
> lintian has too many false positives in order for it to be used as
> an automated and authoritive check.

Perhaps only certain very bad lintian errors should actually hold up the
installation. You can make lintian-overrides for false positives.
Unfortunatly it may encourage people to add lintian overrides just to get
their packages installed :(
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/