Re: diversion/conffile

also sprach Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> [2002.02.18.1957 +0100]:
> You can not divert conffiles.  I've tried.  And I am a dpkg
> devloper.

okay, so instead of installing the file via debian/rules, i have the
option to do postinst. however, then i can't mark it a conffile
because dpkg-buildpackage will bitch. so i don't mark it as
a conffile, but then there's an init.d script that's just overwritten
on upgrade. so i implement my own checking of file modification via
md5sum. tedious but doable.

does anyone have anything else?

it may look like i'm just sitting here doing nothing.
but i'm really actively waiting
for all my problems to go away.