Re: question about failed build of X related packages using imake

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:01:25AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> was heard to say:

  [snip a bunch of identical stuff]

> x2x.log:make[1]: *** No rule to make target `x2x.man', needed by `x2x._man'.  Stop.
> xeji.log:make[1]: *** No rule to make target `xeji.man', needed by `xeji._man'.  Stop.
> xlife.log:make[1]: *** No rule to make target `collect.man', needed by `collect._man'.  Stop.
> xnecview.log:make[1]: *** No rule to make target `xnecview.man', needed by `xnecview._man'.  Stop.
> xsysinfo.log:make[1]: *** No rule to make target `xsysinfo.man', needed by `xsysinfo._man'.  Stop.
>

> Does anyone know why this is caused ?

  It seems that imake changed its behavior to automatically create
manpages, so builds now fail if the package doesn't expect that.
  See, for instance, bug #123741.

  I tried to fix this as part of the bsp, but imake seems to be
completely undocumented.  Maybe someone with more experience in the
black arts can handle it..

  Daniel

|               "Progress just means bad things happen faster."               |
|                 -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_                        |
\-- Does your computer have Super Cow Powers? ------- http://www.debian.org --/