Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 05:09:59PM -0500, Christopher W. Curtis wrote:
> Just a minor thought/interjection: mightn't the entire processes be
> speeded up if developers were _encouraged_ to use 'testing' as their
> distribution?  And I mean "encouraged to" like "publicly flamed and
> beaten soundly for not".

How about a buildd setup where each package that does not build-depend on an
unstable package is automatically recompiled against testing and then put
into incoming? This would make sure fixed uploads can go into testing and
will not depend on a new library that does not make it into testing. On the
other hand it would enable developers to use unstable if they want.

As a matter of fact I had someone telling me he's offering a machine as a
buildd on i386 for exactly this purpose. If others find this idea useful I'm
willing to talk to him again.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes