Re: More problems with Debian and list SPAM

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> Previously Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>> Well, I think at this stage I'm going to have to say that the only option
>> we have for a significant reduction in spam will have to be a white list
>> scheme w/ moderation.
>
> We haven't tried spamassassin yet as far as I know, which is doing wonders
> for keeping the spam out of my mailbox at least.

 All,

 First I'd like to point out that we have implemented filters
(spamfilter.nl.linux.org) and some custom kludges that weed
out over seven houndred spams weekly (last four weeksaverage).

 We can implement moderation for non-subscriber posts per list
if there are moderators available. For all lists this is not
just possible.

 I've been playing with spamassassin and it really looks promising.
Only problem with it is too high cpu usage, but I guess we can
live with some slowness when looking at the alternatives. Need
to pull some figures about incoming mails.

 Basically it just needs tuning. I'm going to run it against
listmaster mailboxes and spamfolders today to see what it lets
through. I guess we can use the existing subscriber lists as
whitelists, just need to figure out how.

 I could use some help with this. Please contact listmaster or
bug me in irc if you can do something besides talking.

           Thanks.