Re: Xconq has a lot of bugs

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 11:02:40PM +0000, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:49:36PM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> [RC bugs in xconq]
> > I suggest to completely repack the thing from scratch with the
> > latest upstream version from http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/
> > (version 7.4.1).
> >
> > Perhaps  Pete Ryland  has interest to do that (according to his
> > patch from 17 Jan 2002 he seems to have interest).  I would care
> > about an NMU of Pete. If not I would give it a try over the weekend
> > if noone insists.
>
> I have never acutally played the game.  However, I'm interested in helping
> increase momentum of the next stable release of debian. :)  And if that
> means fixing broken packages rather that waiting two years before people
> realise that no-one's interested in them anymore then so be it. :)
>
> I'm not (yet) a debian developer though, so I wouldn't be able to make an
> NMU anyway.

I'm not DD either, and I'm interrested in increasing the quality of this
package, at least. I made a new package of this program (which was pretty
straightforward since the diff of the last version did patch only one line
of the source code,  add debian/*, and update config.sub and config.guess).
The main problem is that the upstream documentation does not build.

I now have to check out all the bug repports, and apply the available
patches. I already contacted the upstream source to speak with them about
all the problems i encoutered, and seek for their assistance. I'm subscribed
to the upstream ML since a few month, and it's quite low traffic. I hope
I'll get a response. You can check my mail there:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xconq7/2002/msg00004.html

Bye, Mt.

--
Si les grands esprits se rencontrent, les petits esprits, eux, se cognent.