Re: It's Huntin' Season

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 11:58:13PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:55:58PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [20020130 20:23]:
> > > Putting blocks in the way of improving Debian is the exact *opposite*
> > > of what we're all here for.
> > I wasn't trying to block him from improving Debian but from mass filing
> > serious bugs on packages which might have been fixed already.  We've
> > seen too many mass filings which didn't improve Debian at all; rather,
> > they blocked maintainers from doing their work.
> > If he checks the versions, I'm of course happy with this.
>
> Then help him do so. Don't just find problems, find solutions too.

Knee-jerk reactions to people pointing out problems don't help
either. Don't reject problems just because they don't have solutions
attached. (And then we wonder why so often people complain about
things but don't file bugs...)

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK