Re: woody: Remaining RC bugs in base system

hartmans@debian.org (Sam Hartman) writes:

> So a new ncurses should not have been uploaded, especially if it is
> incompatible, unless it is targeted for woody.

If our current release process mandates that maintainers delay uploading new
functionality into unstable, then either it's broken and needs to be fixed,
or we need to figure out how to turn the crank on a release in days, and not
months.

Releasing is important.  Maintaining forward progress in unstable is important.
Having to pick one of the two at any given moment is frustrating, at best.

Bdale