Re: It's Huntin' Season

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:58:13 +1000
Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:55:58PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [20020130 20:23]:
> > > Putting blocks in the way of improving Debian is the exact *opposite*
> > > of what we're all here for.
> > I wasn't trying to block him from improving Debian but from mass filing
> > serious bugs on packages which might have been fixed already.  We've
> > seen too many mass filings which didn't improve Debian at all; rather,
> > they blocked maintainers from doing their work.
> > If he checks the versions, I'm of course happy with this.
>
> Then help him do so. Don't just find problems, find solutions too.

/me notices that this freeze is stressing everyone....

come on people... you both are always doing lots for Debian and you
should not be targets for each other

my suggestion is to add this stuff to the QA's TODO list and let someone
pick it up... or shoot the maintainers who are uploading packages without
checking their packages with latest lintian... those should be the
targets

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |