Re: We should not be just package maintainers to make Debian grow

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:00:15PM +0100, Paolo Redaelli wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 22:43, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Thank you for your contributions to Debian.  It cannot be stated enough
> > that it takes more than just package maintainers to make Debian work as
> > a distro.

> I think it's really important to weight this sentence very well.
> I'm going to become a debian developer, but beside packaging new program
> there isn't clear evidence of what it's needed to be done.
> We need a "Work_to_do portal", where people write in proposals of work,
> people take the task of doing them.

Well, there's something for you to do, then: collect links for
said portal!  ;-)

Here are some suggestions:
	http://qa.debian.org/
	http://qa.debian.org/man-pages.html

I'm sure that documentation people and the folks in charge
of translations appreciate help.  I can't find a web page
just now to point to, though ...

-S

--
by Rocket to the Moon,