Re: debian-devel-digest Digest V102 #145

>Today's Topics:
>  Re: debian on distrowatch             [ Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> ]
>  Re: Debian Password Manager           [ "Chad C. Walstrom" <chewie@wookimus ]
>  [OT] libtool .la files have absolute  [ Gerhard Muntingh <gerhardm@muntingh ]
>  Re: debian on distrowatch             [ Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> ]
>  Re: Debian Password Manager           [ Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at ]
>  Re: Debian Password Manager           [ Scott Henson <shenson2@wvu.edu> ]
>  Relocatable packages ([OT] libtool .  [ Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> ]
>  Re: It's Huntin' Season               [ Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> ]
>  Re: debian is slower than time (was:  [ Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.n ]
>  State of debianutils                  [ Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@debian.org> ]

>------------------------------

>Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:00:54 +0100
>From: Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx>
>To: Michael Stroucken <stroucki@master.debian.org>
>Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
>Subject: Re: debian on distrowatch

>--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

>On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 01:55:19PM -0600, Michael Stroucken wrote:
>> > To quote from http://www.isi.edu/div7/int/:
>> >=20
>> > "To register in the INT domain, the applicant must comply with the
>> > requirements found in RFC 1591. In brief, the INT domain is used only
>> > for registering organizations established by international treaties
>> > between governments or Internet infrastructure databases (for example
>> > to do address to name lookups based on NSAPs)."
>>=20
>> 	I am familiar with that text. tpc.int is another volunteer project,
>> however, and they registered their domain after the rfc had been released.

>I did some research, I hope I'm not telling things you already. The
>tcp.int subdomain is specified in RFC 1528, 1529 and 1520. The meaning
>of the tcp.int domain is standardized by the IETF. I.e.=20
>0.1.5.2.8.6.9.5.1.4.1.tpc.int has some special meaning. I think that's
>the reason they are able to have that domain.

>=46rom the http://www.itu.int/net/int/int-policy-09.htm document:
>"The .INT domain is NOT intended for non-governmental (e.g., NGOs),
>commercial, or private organizations even if they may have an
>international character."

>I see debian as a private organization with an international
>character, so I don't think we will ever get an .INT domain. But
>what's wrong with debian.org? .ORG is also international.

>Jeroen Dekkers
>--=20
>Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
>Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org
>IRC: jeroen@openprojects

>--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

>--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--

>------------------------------

>Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:03:56 -0600
>From: "Chad C. Walstrom" <chewie@wookimus.net>
> [...]

*** Your message did not reach its recipient ***
It was caught by the mailing system as spam.
If this message is not spam and you feel that
this message was caught in error, please email
a note to spam_filter@netfx-2000.net.
If this message is spam, knock it off!
This server is in California where it is illegal
to spam! We do not accept spam here!
We will go after all spammers to the maximum
extent of the law!