Re: debian on distrowatch

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 06:54:26PM -0600, Michael Stroucken wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 12:38:42AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Maitland Bottoms wrote:
> > > I wonder if it is time to register the debian.int domain.
> > You can't, I looked into that already :)
>
> If tpc.int can get the int domain for their worldwide fax network, why
> can't debian?

To quote from http://www.isi.edu/div7/int/:

"To register in the INT domain, the applicant must comply with the
requirements found in RFC 1591. In brief, the INT domain is used only
for registering organizations established by international treaties
between governments or Internet infrastructure databases (for example
to do address to name lookups based on NSAPs)."

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org