Re: mozilla-0.9.7+ in woody?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 10:29:44AM +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> I'm kind of maintaining mozilla-locale-es-es but it has been removed from sid because of those dependencies problems. At the moment the situation is that:
>
> * version of mozilla in woody is 0.9.5
> * version of mozilla in sid is 0.9.7
>
> If I build a mozilla-locale-es-es 0.9.7 it'll never make it into woody
> If I build a mozilla-locale-es-es 0.9.5 for woody it has to go thru sid first and this doesn't work.
>
> So I'm stuck.
>
> How are you resolving those problems with mozilla-locale-de-at ? Any hint would be greatly welcomme !

Apparently, the locale packages are upward compatible. I'm still waiting
for a confirmation of this from the Mozilla maintainer (who is also the
-ja locale maintainer), but this would seem to be the way to go. When
a new mozilla package gets into sid, it doesn't have to wait for all
locales to catch up before moving into testing.

Florian