Re: debian on distrowatch

On 01/28/2002 02:44:21 PM srivasta wrote:

>>  Ladislav> What about the "origin" in its true meaning? Is Ian Murdock
>>  Ladislav> American?
>>
>>   Yes, Ian Murdock us an American, but from the very inception
>>  the project had an international working body
>>
>>  Ladislav> I am just trying to put a country to each distro, simply
>>  Ladislav> because all other distributions have some sort of a base,
>>  Ladislav> if you like. But if more people disagree with placing USA
>>  Ladislav> in the Debian "origin" cell, then I will remove it.
>>
>>   Could we not just put Terra in there?

Per Edward's post 2 July 2001 on the debian-curiosa list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-curiosa/2001/debian-curiosa-200107/msg00000.html

Debian's "center of mass" was calculated to be approximately in Greenland.

Therefore, I suggest the use of Greenland as our "source".

More details may be available at:

http://people.debian.org/~edward/average