Re: Keeping a package from entering testing.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 04:14:19PM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
>>> i'm missing something here. did you mean that packages with RC bugs
>>> in woody will not be auto builded until RC bug is closed?!? why?

>> Probably there are no autobuilders for woody-proposed-updates, which
>> you'd have to upload to if you found a RC-bug in woody's lirc.

> i really hope he was talking about a still-to-be-released woody!

> my question reworded: packages in testing which a RC bug is filed
> to do need a manual build/upload by a human?

No, but. ;-)

If you wanted to _keep_ different versions of a package in
woody/testing (v1-7) and sid (by using a fake RC-bug)(v2-1), and you
found a bug in the version in *woody* you'd be unable to upload to
unstable because the version in unstable (v2-1) is still higher than
the new bugfix release for woody (v1-8).

And therefore you would have to upload to woody-proposed-updates
instead, for which _I think_ there are no auto-builders.
            cu andreas (no dd.)