Re: Status for xmms-goom packages

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 09:28:17PM +0000, Hereward Cooper wrote:

> and synaesthesia] and am not quite sure what's up with xmms-goom. I see that
> it's only for i386 since it needs MMX support, and so is listed as out-of-date
> on update_excuses on all other architectures. Does this mean that it will
> _always_ be listed on update_excuses as being outdated on all other
> architectures that i386? If so surley there should be something to stop it being
> tried to moved into woody on architectures it doesn't work on, and just failing,
> so being listed on update_excuses for EVER!

The problem is that previous versions did work on non-i386 systems (1.7
appears to have introduced the assembler).

It might be desirable to convince upstream to make the MMX conditional
on being built on i386 (glancing at the code there appears to be some
support for Altivec on PowerPC and having both be conditional).