Re: Closing bugs or tagging??

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 03:48:12PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:

> I just saw in package coolman there is a normal bug filed against it that
> is 1.5yrs old - it is tagged potato. Shouldn't bugs like that be closed if
> they don't apply to current versions in unstable?  It is not a security
> bug and so it can't be fixed in potato anyway.

It is useful to track these bugs, especially when there are folks using
potato who might encounter them.  The open bug provides a place for patches,
workarounds, etc. and also can indicate whether the bug is fixed in
unstable.  This information can allow the user to fix the problem by
patching or upgrading.

Bugs tagged 'potato' should naturally be closed when woody is released.

--
 - mdz