Re: mICQ - RFA? Drop?

* christophe barbé <christophe.barbe.ml@online.fr> [20020126 14:01]:
> By curiosity, I would be interesting to know how do you get this
> stats?  What iss the 'popularity contest' ?

Take a look at the "popularity-contest" package:

 .
 When you install this package, it sets up a cron job that will anonymously
 e-mail the Debian developers periodically with statistics about your
 most used Debian packages.

The results are available from http://www.debian.org/~apenwarr/popcon/

> Another question: Is there a kind of timeout to automatically drop
> O-packages ?

Not at the moment.  It is done by hand from time to time, though.
Automating it has been discussed before (see, for example,
http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2002/debian-qa-200201/msg00021.html).

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com