Re: libgal and woody

>>>>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:18:23 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

 Anthony> Hi Takuo, libgal needs to freeze it's ABI for woody now. Am
 Anthony> I correct in assuming, then, that we're going with libgal19
 Anthony> (currently in unstable)?

 Anthony> This means libguppi and libgdf0 (along with a dozen
 Anthony> non-library packages) need to be rebuilt against the new
 Anthony> libgal, which possibly means their sonames should be bumped
 Anthony> depending on how binary-compatible libgal is or isn't.

 Anthony> It also means you should avoid uploading libgal20 or above
 Anthony> for a while so the autobuilders don't have to worry.

Guppi is in incoming.  New upstream.  New .so.  So gnucash needs to be
recompiled.  (Gnumeric does not) (that's the only two programs that
use it :)

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!