Re: Somebody must package djvulibre

le mer 23-01-2002 à 19:15, elf@florence.buici.com a écrit :
> I looked into packaging this at one time and decided that there wasn't
> a compelling reason to do so.  IIRC, the algorithms that they
> distribute aren't complete.  It doesn't include a compressor that is
> on par with the patented code.  Thought I didn't test it, it seemed to
> be uninteresting except for viewers.  This may be worthwhile if we are
> (someone is) interesting in supporting images created on MS platforms.

Whether the free code's compressor is on par with the proprietary code's
doesn't seem very relevant to me. The interesting question is whether
the free code's compressor compresses scanned documents better than
other free solutions out there. I haven't tried it out (I'd need a
source for scanned documents first), but I wouldn't be surprised if it
were the case.

  Christian