Re: [DSA-089-2] classified as spam by razor

> > Razos seems to do that regularly to security advisories. An advisory
> > from SGI was considered spam as well recently.
>
> What I don't get about razor: how do they prevent people from
> reporting list mail (advisories being only one of the examples)? Or
> are you expected to keep whitelists for that?

I like razor quite much, because it's keeping off a lot of spam...
But their system needs serious improvement.
They should somehow kick those, who misreport that much.
DSA have repeatedly been misclassified as spam...

They were talking about some "rating" system, where people with
misreports are rated down... i think thats quite ok, but they do need
some fast solution _now_...

I think they should only block mails that get at least reported twice.
That'll make just a few spam mails more pass through, but decrease the
failure rate immedeately.

Or use SpamAssassin, where razor is just a minor filter; being listed in
razor alone isn't enough to become filtered out.

Greetings,
Erich