Re: fun with libgal

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:29:43AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:

> > > Then bash the upstream to change the soname.
> >
> > There's no reason for upstream to change the soname when nothing within
> > the library changed...
>
> If upstream won't change the soname and we choose not to for whatever
> reason, then obviously we have to maintain binary compatibility even if

Unstable has its name for a reason.  IMHO, We don't have to keep
binary compatibility for every lib that is ever introduced into
unstable.  We _should_ try to keep it in testing, and we _have_ to keep it in
stable.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.