Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	I think this is a flaw, then. ALl packages that a frozen
>  package depends on also need to be frozen.

They are. All build-dependancies are, however, not. I'm not sure why,
maybe because they're not fully available in all packages or something.

It makes sense to me that when we freeze base we should also freeze gcc
and anything else used to construct base, and everything used to
construct that and everything that depends on, etc. And hope that "base
freezes" has not mushroomed into "75% of debian freezes"! But if aj
doesn't have the infrmation he needs to do that, I guess we can't do it.

Note though that Adrian's example concering the boot-floppies is not
particlarly accurate, since the boot-floppies are not frozen yet.

--
see shy jo