Re: [kde] setting an /opt precedent

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:25:02PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2002 22:03, Yven Johannes Leist wrote:
> >
> > concerning a) I think the agreement (as I understood it) to move
> > /usr/share/icons to/ usr/share/kde/icons is definitely a very good starting
> > point to make people happier about the namespace pollution in /usr/share.
> > concerning b): I definitely know that this is not exactly trivial and since
> > I'm not doing anything to help, it's definitely just a wish and not to be
> > considered as a criticism of the current situation in any form
>
> Well it's quite trivial, it's a matter of changing a few files. Not much work.
>
> I was asking people's opinions such as "I'm considering improving debian
> packaging, these are some of the options, what do you want?". The discussion
> somehow jumped to debian-devel, not by my wish and lasted for too long.....

Improving the packaging is an activity that needs to be undertaken with
the actual maintainers, which you are not (Chris is the relevant
maintainer here). If you read your beloved Policy carefully, you'll
notice that you can't NMU (by the same token, neither can I); you need
the full co-operation of maintainers to do anything.

Have you even talked to Chris privately about this?

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<CarpeDiem> but tell me...I have an app for tk ? where should i run it?