Re: A suggestion for the woody freeze

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:39:18PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> My personal opinion is that all we need more NMU and BS parties.
> And that all maintainers should _now_ suspend/reduce their own pkg
> maintainment to concetrate on RC bugs.
> I cannot think that around 600 active developers cannot solve them.
>
> Moreover, for some bugs if a fix cannot be find soon, maybe a 'workaround'
> could be considered. Eg. the problem of no locales generation at installation
> time has an obvious post-installation workaround, i.e.
> dpkg-reconfigure locales.
>
> What about a "KNOWN PROBLEMS AND WORKAROUNDS" document to distribute
> along with the new release to point problems and suggests temporary solutions?

Just for my curiosity I looked at recent RC bugs... Well,
#125660 (bison), #129637 (directfb0), #129605 (mutt) seem absolutely trivial,
and #129696 (epic4) is erroneously tagged as grave.
Moreover the new sudo release has been published today, the bug has been opened
after a few moments...
Well, if the same things apply to other RC bugs, we can think that
the _real_ bugs are no more than an half or less of those reported on BTS.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine