Re: another reason why requiring NMs to be sponsored is a bad idea

Russell Coker wrote:
> If you  packaged a  new benchmark  then I'd  sponsor you  because that
> interests me. IDS doesn't at the moment (sorry).

  DNS benchmarking is,  I must admit, one of my  concerns at the present
  time. I do have a few programs  around ... Mmmh, I'll see to that, and
  write some troff.

> But you should be able to  go through the usual new maintainer process
> anyway...

  Well, without a  sponsor or an advocate, applicants don't  go very far :-)

--
Thomas Seyrat.