Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:11:32PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I skimmed the logs for all of the serious and important bugs against
> fdutils, and I didn't see any follow-ups from you.  How long have you been
> planning this?  If you want to clean up the package and take it over, why
> not start by sending information and patches to the BTS?
Ok, now I sent at least some things to the BTS.

> I do not think that it would be wise to introduce so many changes to fdutils
> when we are trying to freeze.  There is only one release-critical bug
> against fdutils, and it can be fixed by a one-character change.
See, for example my new bug report #129492.
And fdumount plainly does not work (see #120114).

I see that extensive changes to a base package
during freeze are a bad thing.  So maybe someone
should just do an NMU.  But on the other hand
if I could upload my package, it would fix some
things and I would try to do my best to respond
quickly to any problems which may occur.

Jochen

P.S.: I updated my preview package at

    http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wwwstoch/voss/debian/

feel free to use it for whatever you like to.
--
                                         Omm
                                      (0)-(0)