Re: Potato -> Woody problems

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 01:15:38PM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> What's the best way to go about tracking this down? A lot of stuff went
> wrong until I force installed the right libc using plain dpkg, and then
> ran apt-get -f install. It all seems to be going smoothly now.
>
> I'd like to file bugs but I'm not sure if it's the fault of perl, libc
> or what? Has anyone else had this problem?

Do you have logs of exactly what happened, by any chance? I've seen the
same problem myself numerous times, but I've not been able to work out for
sure quite what's wrong, nor been able to duplicate it with minimal test
installs. If you happen to have an old copy of your /var/lib/dpkg/status
file (/var/lib/dpkg/status-old or /var/backups/dpkg.status.* possibly)
from before you upgraded, that might be a big help. A log of what apt did
when it upgraded your system would help too.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/