Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:00:38AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:

> I would like to ask our release manager for more information.  More
> effort is required to herd the kittens.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  With previous freezes things like the
release critical bugs list have provided a pretty clear and direct
indication of the progress of the freeze.  At the present moment the
information about what's going on tends to take the form of announcments
that things are going to happen followed by no visible indication that
anything has happened either way on the dates mentioned.

Regular "this is the state of play, this is what needs to happen for
things to proceed" messages would help a lot.