Re: Will woody ever become stable?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Jules Bean wrote:

> > officially frozen for several months but it's still possible for new
> > upstream versions of every package to enter testing.
> I really don't feel in-touch with how the freeze is going, and I
> imagine that I'm not alone in that. For example, I think I thought
> that Adrian is incorrect above, that certain packages are frozen.  I
> thought I'd seen notes suggesting that some packages were frozen, in
> fact. Base?

According to update_excuses [1] "a package is frozen" currently means that
the 2/5/10 days delay until a package may enter testing is doubled but new
upstream versions are still allowed to enter testing, e.g. (the only
reason why the new upstream version of modutils isn't already in testing
is a RC bug):

<--  snip  -->

     * base-config (1.33.7 to 1.33.9)
          + Maintainer: Joey Hess