Re: About sponsoring non-free packages

Hi Jérôme,

Le Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 01:04:10PM +0100, Jérôme Marant écrivait:
> Hi,
>
>   I propose that we do not sponsor people for non-free packages.

Sponsors are free to decide who they sponsor and what they sponsor.
There's no need for any new rule ...

May i let you know that when I packaged sympa, it was in non-free and
that it was my first Debian package ? (jérôme is the maintainer of sympa
now and it has gotten a free software partly because I asked the authors
to change the license to meet the DFSG)

There's no need for any new rule about the sponsorship.

>   People that we want to join us and seeking sponsors for
>   non-free package are showing that they do not understand
>   our philosophy and dedication to Free Software.

That's not true. I'm the counter example.

Cheers,